Thursday 28 June 2012

Make Your Own Friends

I was never a very social person.  When I was younger I was shy and a self-proclaimed "loner" if you will.  I was happy that way and still sort of am.  I never did have many friends - so I ordered my own.

Ladies and Gentleman, I know introduce to you... the world of Sea Monkeys!

I remember the very first time I ordered a package of these little guys.  I was probably 9 or 10 years old.  They were for sale at the school book fair and also in the little booklet of books that came to the school to order from.

I hatched many of Sea Monkeys as well as Triops. I remember sitting at my little desk and watching them for hours and hours, especially waking up for school extra early to see if they've hatched.

I frequently still talk about my love of Sea Monkeys, though I have a hard time finding them anymore, especially where I currently live.

Low and behold, my boyfriend goes on a trip to Mansfield, MA for an Iron Maiden concert and comes home with.....................

SEA MONKEYS!!!!!!

I ripped that package open faster than a fat kid opens a Twinkie and set the tank up for hopeful success.  This is day one.  The water has to sit for 24 hours before you can add the Sea Money eggs.  It feels like waiting for Christmas morning.

Here's a picture of the "eggless" water:


Cheers to hatching your own friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment