Thursday 1 March 2012

Enchanced Productivity?

Finally paying off my laptop that was leased from Easy Home, I decided to go pick up my final receipt.  Since I am now considered a "good" customer, they suggested I take home whatever I wanted to try in the store for a month at no cost.  Needless to say, I walked out the door with an Asus Eee Pad Transformer.  It's a tablet that hooks onto an optional full keyboard turning it into an almost netbook.  I say almost because it functions on Android - so basically it's a huge smart phone minus the phone, netbook and tablet all in one.

I must say that I'm impressed with it so far.  It's  not as functional as my laptop and the typing is a little bit laggy, but at least I'm not stuck with the on-screen touch keyboard like most other tablets.

Since I did borrow it from Easy Home, there were very obvious other "owners" of the tablet.  One young girl failed to delete all the pictures she took with the built-in webcam, and another older lady seemingly forgot to sign out of Facebook.  Note to my readers - Easy Home, as nice as the staff are, do not "clean" their products as well as they should before "re-homing".

In my month of testing this thing from the future, I am hoping for more improvements on the book I hope to write.  I will be able to type anywhere and everywhere while abandoning the newly purchased laptop in the hands of my boyfriend.  My laptop is very convenient for at home use, but not for travel as it weighs a ton.

The Asus Transformer that I'm playing with is heavier than most tablets, but the screen is exceptionally large and has a better quality resolution than the ipad 2.  Also weighing in the keyboard, it's about as heavy as a netbook.

If I can produce documents, work on my book, check Facebook, watch YouTube videos and update my blog normally, then all should go well.

No comments:

Post a Comment