Tuesday 31 January 2012

Ashley is 阿什利

I purchased this kit at Coles bookstore.  My heart fluttered when I saw it.  It was one of those things that you see and you say to yourself  "I need this NOW!".

I had the courage to open it for the first time yesterday, after glancing at it on my bookshelf for weeks.  Setting up the kit according to the included instruction booklet, made me feel as though I was setting myself up for failure.

The booklet seemed daunting so I searched Chinese Brush Painting for Beginners on YouTube and found www.youtube.com/user/blueheronarts.  I found this extremely helpful and decided to follow some basic tips for painting bamboo.

Here's what I came up with:


Of course- not perfect but it's so much harder than it looks!  It's a lot of fun and I am going to really try to paint one picture per day.

1 comment:

  1. That is beautiful Ashley! Paint me one!! :)

    ReplyDelete